How the Site Works
VAB was born out of the idea to increase the visibility and access to one of America's finest drinks, whiskey, at VA ABC stores. With delivery trucks rolling in weekly it can be tough to know when new products are hitting the ABC shelves outside of checking individual product pages on the ABC website regularly, lining up outside a local store before 10AM hoping to get lucky, or having an inside source at VA ABC.
In order to solve this problem, VAB takes daily snapshots of the VA ABC's inventory for certain whiskey categories. These snapshots allow for historical tracking of product distribution and analytics to identify distribution of new products throughout the state. Some important things to note are:
- This is not a live inventory system.
- The current update schedule is 8:00 AM, 9:00AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM. Snapshots are usually live about 5 minutes after an update starts.
- Items appear on the VA ABC website once a store receives and scans their delivery for the day. This results in rolling inventory throughout the day as the trucks complete their routes with some stores appearing earlier and others appearing later.
- Store deliveries that occur after a snapshot will not be picked up until the next snapshot or possibly not at all for extemely popular items if stores open and sales begin before the next snapshot.
- The best source of live inventory will always be the VA ABC website. Inventory will always appear there before VABourbon.
All data is readily available on VA ABC's website for free. VAB simply seeks to display the data in a more digestable format, add a few key missing features, and display other interesting data points about the whiskey supply in Virginia. If you'd like to support the site and unlock extra featuers, please visit the VAB Patreon. This is by no means necessary and any data available from ABC will always be accessible for free to every VAB user. Active Patreon subscribers have access to product analytics, customized user profiles with the ability to favorite products and stores, and daily morning email digest depending on subscription tier.
$0 / mo
- Product Pages
- Store Pages
- Delivery Days
- Product Last Seen Dates
- Historical Snapshots for Last 7 Days
- Easier to Browse ABC Data
$2 / mo
- New Inventory
- Movers and Shakers
- Product Analytics
- Product Distribution Maps
- Historical Snapshots for Last 30 Days
- Home Store and Distance Sorting
$4 / mo
- All Standard Features
- User Profile with Favorites
- Daily Morning Email Digests